Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A month of personal disasters

Well it's been quite a month for horrible experiences of many sorts for me, beginning with the smoke problem but including one disaster after another involving my computer, which meant I lost quite a bit of work and therefore income. I hope it's all over now but as they say time will tell.

If these are Satan's attacks I suppose I should be happy because I must be doing something right in that case. I do have a project I've begun working on that I think and hope is from the Lord, the kind of project that needs Him to guide me at every turn or I'll mess it up. Keeps me coming back to Him when I've hit a snag and want to give up, which happens frequently, but nevertheless when my computer won't do what it's supposed to do and my income falls to zero I'm prone to lose the solid faith I need at those times.

We're admonished in scripture to rejoice in ALL circumstances, because it's ALL good although we usually don't have the perspective to understand it. And I do try, at least ask the Lord to give me that spirit of rejoicing and resting in Him no matter what demonic interferences are going on around me. I even prayed for the ability to love my neighbor as my apartment and my lungs filled up with the smoke. "All things work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose." I ran that one through my head frequently.

Thought I'd spend this post describing all those disasters, but maybe this is enough. Or as I have the habit of doing, I'll sign off with the idea that I may yet come back and add all that. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment