Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dithering Delilah stops procrastinating and gulps a Green Smoothy

Oooooooh, how WONDERFUL this stuff is. I LOVE it.

Yep, I finally did it.

Yep, I did it at the wrong time, at dinnertime instead of breakfast, but at least I DID IT.

And it is SOOOOOOOO good.

I KNEW this healthy-food plan would work for me. Other health drinks don't even TASTE GOOD, they taste like vitamins, or like strong alfalfa etc. But this tastes great. NO problem drinking this, LOTS of it.

This time I put in more water than the first time, and I squeezed some lemon juice into it, because S told me it makes the water alkaline in your body and that's considered to be ideal. Then at least three times as much spinach as the first time went next, then some kale leaves, then a banana and a lovely Braeburn apple.

I got a little more than a quart this time, and I'm still sipping it and enjoying every sip and it's almost all gone.

Again it tastes mostly of banana. Interesting. And this time there's no bitterness at all even though I put in some kale which is usually bitter. Oddly, I felt like adding salt. But I didn't and I'm not going to. It's not a strong urge but it's there.

I'm so happy. I KNEW I'd love this and I do.

This morning I wanted coffee beside me at the computer while I did my work. I knew that was silly, why not a smoothy? But I'm used to hot coffee, or tea, while I work, and this is winter after all, it's VERY cold these days, so that's what I did, and dithered about the smoothy project off and on for the rest of the day.

All that dithering actually kept me from eating, as if any minute I was going to get up and make the smoothy, so I wouldn't eat anything else. Well, I didn't make the smoothy, I went on dithering and finally was so hungry I had to have a piece of bread and butter, but that's all I had until I finally did get up and make the smoothy, at 6 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment