Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Green Smoothy mullings, not yet taking the plunge

I'm bogging on this Green Smoothy plan. Seems to be hard to get started. I think it's just a temporary slump and I'm sure I'll recover, but at the moment it's just hard to get up and go do it. I have all the ingredients ready to go except for my mood.

Except for cleaning the vegetables it's really not a hard thing to do. Maybe I'm afraid that it isn't going to have the effect I'm hoping for. Sigh. Well, again, I'm sure I'll finally get around to doing it and then I'll find out.

I'm very taken with what I've read, not the whole context of alternative-foods thinking as some of it gets way out in La-La Land it seems to me -- AND more expensive than I can handle too -- but I love the simple idea of Green Smoothies themselves: natural foods we generally don't eat enough of, in a form that concentrates their nutritional impact, pleasant to drink too, and with hardly any calories.

What I'm hoping is that a Green Smoothy a day, or two when I'm up for it, will supply enough of a nutrient gain to lessen food cravings, thus naturally cutting down on overall calorie consumption, plus improving health in measurable ways. The theory is that overeating CAN be the result of nutrient deprivation so that you pack in the calories in an effort to increase the deficient nutrients, and it doesn't work so all you get is the calorie increase and a negative impact on health.

At the moment I have no expectation of doing more than adding in a green smoothy or two, maybe upping my salad intake as well, though I already love vegie salads and do them frequently anyway, but otherwise not trying to change anything else in any conscious way. I do have in mind that the addition of such a nutrient boost COULD alter my experience of food for the better in many other ways, and I'm rather hoping it will, but as for making any other conscious changes, no, not at this point.

I do want to get going on this and other food-related thoughts, but sometimes I just have to sit on the sidelines of my own ambitions waiting for inspiration to strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment